With both a retail outlet and a strong national mail order system, Goble’s has made a name as a respected retailer of outdoor, camping and hunting equipment. For over thirty years Goble’s has been one of Canada’s largest importer and seller of new and used firearms for both target and hunting. Based in London, Goble’s is known in the industry for its knowledgeable staff and friendly atmosphere and we’re always looking to add good people to our team!
Please send your cover letter, CV and/or résumé to: email@example.com
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact candidates that fit our current requirements.
Sales Associate - Part-Time
We want you to join our team! We are looking to hire additional enthusiastic part-time time staff to work in both our stores in London and Tillsonburg. We are looking for people who are passionate about the outdoors whether you love a long hike, a weekend camping expedition or are looking forward to the next turkey season. While you will not necessarily be handling firearms initially, you must be comfortable working in an environment where firearms are handled safely and with respect.
As a successful member of our team you will:
- Provide a superior level of customer service, ensuring every interaction meets or exceeds the expectations of our customers.
- Adapt in a retail environment. Sometimes you will have time to work on display presentation but will drop what you’re doing to help our customers if so needed.
- Understand our computerized inventory and POS systems as well as stock and internal systems
- Be given a working knowledge of hunting accessories and a knowledgeable staff to support you if you have questions
- Be energetic and focussed and will always maintain the customer’s needs as your top priority
As a candidate, we are looking for you to:
- Enjoy a positive attitude and a focus on reliability
- Have some retail experience or are able to learn on your feet
- Be able to occasionally lift heavier objects as required (displays, 25lb bags of shot etc)
- Love the outdoors; hunting experience is a bonus but not necessary
- Be available to work several Saturdays a month
- Pass a police check
- Apply for or already have a valid PAL (Firearm Possession/Acquisition License) upon becoming a member of our team.
As your employer, we will:
- Pay a competitive wage
- Guarantee a minimum of 2 days a week
- Be flexible with scheduling as long as we’re given time to plan
- Train and educate you as needed
- Give you a discount on your outdoor and hunting gear
- Allow you to expand your duties and hours if you so choose and consider you first for any new roles that may appear in the future